The world of cryptocurrency is still in its infancy. With so many altcoins being released and new blockchain projects emerging every week, it's easy to get lost in the noise. To stay on top of the game, you need access to some excellent crypto research resources.
Here are ten of the best crypto research tools available today:
What Are Crypto Research Tools?
Crypto research tools are computer-based applications (apps) that allow you to use a cryptocurrency trading platform. They provide information and services that simplify the process of trading, such as real-time monitoring of market changes and the tracking of your current portfolio's performance.
They also allow you to access information about cryptocurrency that is difficult to find elsewhere, such as technical analysis, user reviews, charts, and videos. The best crypto research tools combine these features with the option to connect to various crypto exchanges. This way, you can have the same experience using them on desktops, laptops, or mobile devices.
10 Best Crypto Research Tools
If you're looking for a way to stay on top of the latest crypto news and research, check out these resources.
Messari is a research tool for crypto investors. It offers a consolidated feed of news and data on crypto assets, as well as information about exchanges, wallets and other services. You can also use Messari to monitor the price movements of different coins in real time.
Messari is free to use but there are premium features available if you want them; these include:
- A daily newsletter containing curated news stories related to the industry;
- Access to historical market data;
- Data feeds for third-party applications (including social media platforms like Twitter);
- Access to company information such as financial statements or SEC filings
Glassnode is a platform that pulls information from various sources and allows users to sort and analyze information to find the best opportunities in the crypto ecosystem. Glassnode's features include:
- Newsfeeds: Links to relevant news articles & ICOs
- List of Exchanges: Links to exchanges where you can buy and sell digital assets.
- Portfolio Tracker: Keep track of your crypto investments, including balances for different accounts.
- Tools for Analysis: Browse charts and graphs for different cryptocurrencies, research their history, and analyze their performance against each other.
- Market Data: Get current market data for all cryptocurrencies on major exchanges.
LunarCrush is a crypto research tool that provides data and analysis on over 10,000 coins. It has a clean interface and is easy to use, but it also offers more advanced features such as charts and detailed information about each coin's market cap.
LunarCrush gives you access to historical data for each coin, such as KCS, so you can see how its KCS price, including other assets has changed over time. This feature can help traders make better decisions about when to buy or sell their investments in cryptocurrencies. Lunar Crush also shows you how many exchanges are trading any given cryptocurrency along with the volumes traded on those exchanges (i.e., how much money people have been buying/selling).
Coin Metrics is a cryptocurrency analytics and data science platform. It provides sentiment analysis, fundamental analysis, and technical analysis for over 2000 cryptocurrencies.
Coin Metrics also provides a variety of other tools: historical pricing data, ICO information (including the token's price at the time), social media mentions and more.
Santiment is a crypto market intelligence platform that provides data, news and analysis on the cryptocurrency market. Santiment provides a wide range of data and analysis on the crypto market in one place:
- Daily price movements for major cryptocurrencies;
- Market capitalization rankings;
- Historical price charts going back months or years (depending on your subscription);
- News stories from leading publications like Forbes and Bloomberg;
CoinGecko is a cryptocurrency ranking and research platform that provides users with information on the top cryptocurrencies. It's a useful tool for investors, traders and beginners alike. CoinGecko uses a scoring system called Gecko Index to rank coins based on their performance in three categories: technology, adoption and innovation.
The website has a list of different types of coins that you can sort through, including the most popular ones. They also have a market cap list of all cryptocurrencies, which is useful for anyone who wants to see how large a particular coin is in relation to its competitors. You can also view each coin's maturation time and block reward, along with its price history.
CoinMarketCal is a crypto calendar that allows you to keep track of all crypto events. It provides a comprehensive list of upcoming crypto events, including conferences, meetups and roadshow events. This tool is great for traders and investors because it helps them plan their trades ahead of time.
The CoinMarketCal website is one of the best resources for data on cryptocurrency, and they offer a calendar view of events that make it easy to see how those events may impact prices. They also have a chat room where you can connect with other traders and investors and discuss price predictions in real time.
Coin Dance is a Bitcoin block explorer service that allows you to view the state of the Bitcoin network.
Coin Dance allows you to see the number of transactions per day, as well as an estimate of fees paid in bitcoins. The site also lists which miners are validating transactions and their total hashrate.
Cryptocurrencies rely on highly complex encryption techniques to keep their transactions secure and ensure that data hasn't been tampered with—computers have to work hard to crack these codes. By installing these tools designed specifically for bitcoin cloud mining, your computer can employ its power to help make this happen.
CryptoMiso is a tool that ranks cryptocurrencies based on their commit history on GitHub. It's free to use and has a clean, simple interface.
CryptoMiso provides valuable information about the quality of a project's code and development activity--and it can be used by anyone with an internet connection. You can search for specific coins or see all of them at once in the main list view (pictured above). Each cryptocurrency has its own page displaying details about commits over time, including when they were made and how many times developers made changes to each file within the repository during this period.
Coinbase One is a tool for tracking crypto prices. It's free to use and available on desktop and mobile in the US, Canada, UK and Australia.
- Coinbase One allows you to monitor your portfolio in real time by showing the current price of coins in your portfolio alongside their 24-hour change. You can also set up email alerts when prices reach certain thresholds (like when Bitcoin drops below $10k) or when a coin reaches its all-time high (like Ethereum did recently).
- The charts come with an array of technical indicators like MACD lines and Bollinger bands so you can get more granular with your analysis if you're feeling adventurous!