This Ethereum-based protocol focuses on providing its users with access to the highest yields on deposits of ether, stablecoins, and other altcoins. Yearn.Finance, also known as yEarn, holds a unique place in the crypto world. It is recognized as one of the most decentralized projects in the market.
Therefore, crypto enthusiasts and investors are curious to know whether Yearn.Finance could be a millionaire-maker coin. Let us see.
Yearn.Finance: What Is It?
Yearn.Finance's official website defines it as a decentralized platform that "automates yield-maximizing, profit switching opportunities for liquidity providers and yield farmers."
yEarn leverages decentralized finance protocols such as Compound, Aave, and several others for optimizing token lending.
YFI, the governance token for Yearn, plays a significant role in its increasing popularity. By locking cryptocurrencies in Yearn, users can easily earn YFI tokens. YFI has seen a tremendous surge in 2021, hitting a record high of $93,435.53 on May 12.
With its unique toolset that increases investor yields by utilizing proprietary protocols, Yearn.Finance is emerging as a game-changer in the DeFi space. The platform provides its users unmatched security and open-source code, which is a significant feature that attracts several investors.
Is Yearn.Finance A Millionaire-Maker Investment?
Yearn.Finance is getting much traction and popularity worldwide as it is continuously growing its ecosystem aiming to maximize annual percentage yields (also known as APY). YFI kickstarted 2021 at $22,216 and had a whopping surge of over 330% in just five months.
As of writing, YFI sits at $45,158.77 with a market cap of $1,654,393,154. Its purported goal is to simplify DeFi investment and other activities like yield farming for the broader investor sector. The crypto-token focuses on those investors who do not have the time to study the technicalities of complex DeFi phenomena but want to invest in it.
Andre Cronje officially introduced Yearn.Finance on July 17, 2020. Since its inception, it has become one of the most valuable decentralized finance coins in the crypto space. The project was initially known as iEarn. Leaving behind the old project in February 2020, Cronje developed Yearn.Finance by deploying new tools and advanced technology.
Instead of an Initial Coin Offering model where users have to pay a specific price for each new YFI token, the team introduced a different system where YFI users had to participate in the protocol. This unique approach allowed the crypto to gain strong community support as every user has the same ability to influence Yearn.Finance through its governance token.
Factors That Drive Yearn.Finance To Be A Millionaire-Maker Coin?
Apart from its high surge in price, various factors back up the prediction that Yearn.Finance could be the next millionaire-maker coin. Let us delve a bit deeper into some of its unique features.
YFI - The Governance Token
YFI, the governance token, plays a crucial role in the Yearn.Finance network. It decentralizes the development and controls the protocol amongst users. The YFI token holders have control over the Yearn ecosystem, and they can submit or vote on off-chain proposals that govern the ecosystem. There are only 30,000 YFI tokens available, and all are under circulation now.
Lending and Trading
Yearn.Finance provides three major services to its users, which enable them to either lend or trade their cryptocurrencies. The services are:
- Earn - It is the best way for users to get a reasonable interest rate on lending, where they only have to search across different lending protocols like Aave, Compound, etc, to find the best rates.
- Zap - Users can complete several investments in just a click using Zap. Along with users' time, it also saves opportunity costs and transaction fees.
- APY - APY or Annual Percentage Yield searches across the lending pools offered by Earn and provides users an estimate for how much interest they can earn on an annualized basis for a specific amount of capital.
Yearn.Finance Prominent Features
This unique platform has a host of advanced features and functionalities that will accelerate the pace for the DeFi revolution. The four prominent factors of the Yearn ecosystem that could make it a millionaire-maker coin are:
- ytrade.finance - Shorting cryptocurrency or borrowing an asset and selling it at its current price is a dream for traders. This profit switching lender feature enables users to short stablecoins with 1000x leverage.
- yliquidate.finance - This feature introduces flash loans in Aave, enabling the user to liquidate funds in an expedited and efficient manner whenever they need it.
- yswap.exchange - Yet another significant component of the Yearn ecosystem, yswap.exchange acts as a single source from which users can manually deposit funds to and between multiple DeFi protocols.
- iborrow.finance - With the assistance of Aave, this feature tokenizes debt in other protocols. Once tokenized, the debt can be further used in additional DeFi protocols, opening up new liquidity streams for the industry.
Could Yearn.Finance Be A Millionaire-Maker Coin?
Yearn.Finance is the next-gen DeFi platform that continues to make waves across different sectors. Today YFI has a high reputation for providing users with the highest annual percentage yields on their deposited cryptocurrencies in the industry.
Its major goal is to simplify the fast-growing and ever-expanding DeFi space for investors who are not too technical or want to interact in a less committal manner. This will further boost its adoption resulting in strong community support.
Apart from the high surge of YFI tokens, it has also marked a shift in how protocols can incentivize adoption. Therefore, everything about Yearn.Finance reflects a solid commitment to decentralization, which could likely drive it to be the next-millionaire-maker coin in the crypto space.
Moreover, Yearn.Finance aims to be the best gateway to a bevy of yield-generating products in the Ethereum ecosystem. With its novel tools and technologies, Yearn.Finance has also raised the bar in terms of returns and features within the DeFi market.
Therefore, considering all its features, it is no surprise to see this unique platform gaining more popularity in the coming decades, which could likely drive Yearn.Finance to be a millionaire-maker in the crypto industry.
eToro – The Best Platform to Buy Yearn Finance
eToro have proven themselves trustworthy within the Crypto industry over many years – we recommend you try them out.
Virtual currencies are highly volatile. Your capital is at risk.