Got the ‘crypto bug’ from investing in Bitcoin? Wondering what other cryptocurrencies you should consider buying? Look no further! In this article, we’re going to discuss the top five leading cryptocurrencies apart from Bitcoin.
There is no doubt that for crypto traders, Bitcoin will probably be the most profitable cryptocurrency of 2021 to invest in, and most likely the most profitable cryptocurrency for mining too.
Bitcoin’s price has absolutely soared since December 2020 reaching $56k in February 2021, most likely after Elon Musk announced that Tesla has bought $1.5 billion in Bitcoin and will start accepting payments in Bitcoin too.
With all the altcoins currently floating around it can get quite hard to tell the difference between worthy coins and ‘zombiecoins’ that go nowhere (except maybe down).
You have some cryptos attempting to solve very important issues, but then you have cryptos like Dogecoin, which despite now being supported by 1,800 ATMs across the USA, was created as a joke and might not be a wise investment.
And on the other end, you have the cryptocurrency Tether, the stablecoin that allegedly may have been involved in artificially pumping the price of Bitcoin. While on the surface it may look like a useful coin, legal issues could tank it.
But wait a minute.. Are there other major cryptocurrencies with huge returns? Yes, there are..
Here are the top 5 most valuable cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin.
Important cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin
Here you'll learn about the most popular Bitcoin alternatives:
1. Ethereum (ETH) - The heart and lungs of the crypto world could be undervalued
You’re not surprised to see Ethereum in the first spot, are you? And you know we’re right when we say that Ethereum is most definitely the best cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin.
Let’s go through all the reasons why Ethereum is secretly the real king of crypto (particularly in 2021) - it’s going to be a lot easier for us all:
- Ethereum is like ‘The Queen Bee’ of the hive that is cryptocurrency. Many cryptocurrency projects start on the Ethereum blockchain as ERC-20 tokens. One of the most well-known being TRON, which then inherited several attributes, including the Solidity coding language.
- Following on from the previous point, Ethereum is in the centre of the DeFi boom taking place. DeFi coins need Ether to run on the Ethereum ecosystem, which increases the amount of Ether being bought and sold.
- Ethereum has the largest community of smart contracts and DApps, it’s often developers first choice.
- Traders second choice after Bitcoin, most first-time crypto traders buy Ethereum before any other altcoins.
- Ethereum mining is going to completely change in 2021 after the change to proof of stake and the launch of Ethereum 2.0.
You really cannot argue with all that!
Ethereum price has done exceedingly well in 2021 so far. The Economy Forecast Agency predicts that it may reach as high as $2,888 by the end of 2021. It may end up becoming the most profitable cryptocurrency to invest in, aside from Bitcoin.
Read our article on Ethereum here.
Have you considered buying Ethereum (ETH)?
2. Ripple (XRP) - The best buying opportunity you will see in 2021?
The cryptocurrency Ripple which is also regularly referred to as just XRP is having a very special moment right now.
It might sound strange, but the SEC taking Ripple to court is excellent news! It means that Ripple is perhaps the best cryptocurrency to invest in for 2021 because the lawsuit lowered Ripple’s price making it cheaper to buy.
Of course, while no one can predict what will happen to Ripple, many say that the SEC is very wrong in this case and some have pointed out that Ripple is already regulated by FinCen, who recognise it as a ‘currency’, not a security.
Interestingly, Ripple’s price hasn’t been hit as hard as people first assumed it would be after the news. In fact, it has since grown, and some have speculated that Bitcoin’s increase may have softened the blow.
The Economy Forecast Agency predicts that Ripple will reach $0.48 by the end of the year. However, this may be too bearish.
Read our article on Ripple here.
Would you invest in Ripple (XRP)?
3. Binance Coin (BNB) - Stuck in the middle of it all, BNB has a lot to gain in 2021
Binance Coin is the cryptocurrency created by the Binance Exchange, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.
It is a utility coin that is used on the Binance Exchange to receive a discount on fees when trading.
Aside from using it to pay for fees, you can also make a fair bit of profit trading it by benefiting from the volatility of the Binance Exchange, which saw a lot of action when Bitcoin’s price started surging.
So much so, Binance Coin saw a massive increase in market cap, becoming the 4th largest according to CoinMarketCap.
The Economy Forecast Agency is predicting a huge increase in BNB’s price, estimating it could reach $1,448 by the end of 2021. Perhaps the biggest increase on this list.
Read our article on Binance Coin here.
What do you think? Is it worth investing in Binance Coin (BNB)?
4. Dash (DASH) - Updates, updates, updates! Dash is becoming more competitive!
Largely out of the mainstream, Dash is about to make a grand entrance back into our collective consciousness in 2021 with it’s up and coming update.
Technically speaking, Dash is a lot more advanced than Bitcoin, but like many other early altcoins, it has been sidelined when the money didn’t come as fast as they wanted.
Dash’s primary feature is its private send option that allows you to send transactions anonymously.
But it’s Dash’s update that we’re really interested in which - aside from improving performance in several ways - will move Dash into the cloud storage market and implement a second layer to their blockchain.
The Economy Forecast Agency predicts that Dash could reach $483 by the end of 2021, more than twice its current price.
Read our article on Dash here.
Do you think buying Dash (DASH) would be a good investment?
5. Cardano (ADA) - 3rd largest cryptocurrency by market cap as of February 2021
Stable and steady is sexier than you would think! After a few years in the shadows, trailing behind the top 10, Cardano has crept up to 3rd largest by market capitalisation.
While many amateur crypto traders might think is that this is boring, professional traders will 100% disagree. In actuality, this actually shows true value.
Cardano is a reminder that we shouldn’t get bored with coins too quickly. We shouldn’t disregard them when they don’t gain value as quickly as we wanted.
While many get into crypto for the volatility, patience rewards traders more greatly.
The Economy Forecast Agency predicts that Cardano could reach $3.28 by the end of 2021, almost triple its current valuation.
Read our article on Cardano here.
Is Cardano (ADA) the crypto for you?
Conclusion: Which Digital Currency is the best alternative to Bitcoin?
That is entirely up to you! Each of these coins shows true potential, but you must judge which has the most value and which one you understand the most.
There is no point in investing in a cryptocurrency that you don’t like or respect. But at the same time, you shouldn’t be ignorant of a crypto’s faults.
Most definitely Ethereum should be on any crypto investor’s list of cryptocurrencies to consider. We likely haven’t seen it’s real potential just yet.
The next most vital coin to consider is Ripple. While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, buying the dip created by the SEC could be very profitable later on when it likely recovers.
After that, you should start looking at key cryptos that really proved themselves in late 2020 and early 2021, such as Binance Coin, which benefited from the flurry of trading at the Binance Exchange (and will likely continue to do so if altcoins pick up after Bitcoin).
Cardano is a second example of this, working its way right up to 3rd largest coin, keeping itself to itself and gaining the trust of the crypto community.
And finally, Dash has shown us that it shouldn’t be forgotten that cryptos can grow and change over time and that change can improve the value of some coins.
eToro – The Best Platform to Buy Cryptos
eToro have proven themselves trustworthy within the crypto industry over many years – we recommend you try them out.
Virtual currencies are highly volatile. Your capital is at risk.
- The top 5 cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin include Ethereum, Ripple, Binance Coin, Dash and Cardano. Each of these stands out for different reasons and all present excellent trading opportunities.
- Ethereum steals the top spot and could be hugely undervalued. The crypto asset is involved in many different parts of the crypto community that use its blockchain.
- Ripple presents a great buying opportunity right now. It will likely recover from the situation with the SEC.
- While Bitcoin is still No. 1, exploring other opportunities is the best way to really benefit from crypto trading. Other coins can be just as volatile and profitable.