In this post, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to buy Porsche shares through a regulated stockbroker. We will start by providing you with an overview of the share investing process embraced by most online stock exchanges. We will then break this process down and cover each step in detail.
By the end of this guide, you will have learnt everything you need to know about Porsche. We will tell you how the automaker works, its current financial standing, and its historical share price performance. We will even look at some of the factors that we believe will have the most impact on its stock price moving forward. And all these should help you decide if the automaker’s stock is worth buying in 2023.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply.
Below, we will be exploring each of these steps and covering each in detail. We will tell you everything you need to know about the broker and help you decide if Porsche is worth investing in 2023.
The Porsche (P911) Stock Buying Guide - Reviewed
Step 1: Decide Where To Buy Porsche (P911) Stock
The first step to investing in Porsche – or any other company – is deciding where to buy the company’s shares. And for an automaker as popular and as lucrative as Porsche, which has been listed with virtually all the most popular online stock brokers, the search for the best Porsche shares broker can be overwhelming.
Below, we outline a few factors that you need to consider when searching for the Porsche shares broker that works best for you:
- Fees and commissions: Broker fees and commissions have a significant impact on the profitability of your trades. Therefore, confirm all the trading and non-trading charges levied by a shares broker and only register with the most affordable online stock broker.
- User-friendliness: Only register an account with a brokerage that maintains a user-friendly client onboarding process and a highly intuitive trading interface.
- Regulation and reputation: We recommend that you only create a share investor account with a highly regulated broker. The ideal broker should also have a solid reputation for reliability, efficiency, customer service, and security.
- Access to tools: Your preferred broker should also give you access to all the necessary trading, research, and risk management tools. These range from a free demo account, comprehensive educational material, charting and other technical analysis tools, hard stop, and negative balance protection.
- Account minimums: we already mentioned that different brokers maintain varied trading and deposit minimums. Only register with a broker with a minimum deposit and trading amount you can afford and who supports you are the preferred payment option.
To help you get started, our analysts have vetted tens of massively popular online stock trading platforms. Ultimately, they settled on the following two as the best Porsche shares brokers.
eToro – Best Porsche Stock Broker for Social and Copy Trading
eToro is one of the most popular online trading platforms – currently used by more than 25 million investors worldwide. It is also one of the most regulated trading platforms. The process of registering an account on the platform is easy and straightforward, and the deposit minimum is $10. Plus, in addition to buying Porsche shares on eToro, you can invest in such other assets as commodities, ETFs, indices, forex, and even crypto.
The trading minimum for stocks and ETFs on the platform is set at $10. But if you wish to copy trade, you will need at least $200. The broker supports multiple payment methods, including bank wire transfers, credit cards, debit cards, and eWallets like PayPal. It doesn’t charge a deposit fee but maintains a withdrawal processing of $5 and a minimum withdrawal limit of $30.
We also rank eToro among the best Porsche share brokers because of its affordability. For starters, eToro is a commission-free broker. The only trading fee you will have to pay when buying Porsche shares on the platform are the variable but highly competitive spreads. You may also have to pay when buying Porsche shares here is the swap fee for leveraged trades that remain open overnight (maximum leverage is 1:5).
You may also want to buy Porsche stock on eToro because the broker runs a highly innovative trading platform. It then maintains some of the fastest order-processing fees and maintains a host of premium trading, research, and risk-management tools. The broker, for example, offers negative balance protection. It is also a multi-platform broker - available on a proprietary web trader and mobile app.
eToro is, however, massively popular because of its copy and social trading tools. Copy trading allows both novice and expert traders to earn passively on the platform. You get to earn when you copy trades of highly successful traders or by receiving a commission from eToro if you let others copy your trades.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply.
Capital.com – Best for Active Trading
Capital.com is one of the best Porsche share brokers, especially for active traders. This is made possible by such factors as its affordability, innovative trading platform, and support for third-party trading platforms.
Note that, unlike eToro, which lets you buy both actual shares and trade share CFDs, Capital.com is a pure CFD brokerage. To start trading Porsche shares on Capital.com, you only need to create a trader account and deposit at least $20. The deposit can be made via such supported payment options as credit/debit cards, bank transfers, and eWallets like Skrill and PayPal. And the broker doesn’t charge a deposit withdrawal processing fee.
Capital.com is also a commission-free broker. This means that you will only have to part with a competitive spread when buying Porsche shares on the platform. You may also have to pay a variable swap fee if you hold leveraged overnight. Like most other online brokerages, leverage limits for retail traders in such jurisdictions as the UK are capped at 1:5.
Capital.com then operates one of the most innovative trading platforms. It has some of the fastest order execution speeds, it is multi-platform, it is highly intuitive, and it features a wide selection of both educational and trading resources. For starters, Capital.com presents all its platform users with a free demo account loaded with $10,000 in virtual funds. At the time of writing, Capital.com also claims to have integrated 70+ technical analysis tools into its trading platform.
But even more importantly, Capital.com was among the earliest trading platforms to integrate artificial technology into its trading platform. This has been instrumental in helping traders eliminate bias by providing everyone with a post-trade behavior analysis report. Additionally, the fact that Capital.com is a multi-platform trading platform implies that you can access your account via such advanced third-party trading platforms as MT4 that support auto trading and mirror trading.
Step 2: Research Porsche (P911) Stock
Now that you understand where to buy Porsche stock, it now is time to research the company and its stock. In this section, we will look at how the stock has performed in the past and the company’s financial health. We will also help you understand factors that will influence P911 stock price in 2023 and beyond.
What is Porsche (P911)?
Porsche Automobile Holding SE, commonly referred to as Porsche, is a German automaker specializing in the design and production of high-performance and high-end sports cars, sedans, and SUVs. The automaker was founded by Ferdinand Porsche in 1931 and initially served as a car design, development, and consulting company.
It was, for instance, charged by the German government with the role of designing a ‘car for the people.’ This resulted in the development and production of the Volkswagen Beetle – which went on to become one of the most successful and recognizable car brands in history.
Porsche started only started manufacturing motor vehicles in 1939 when it launched Porsche 64. Throughout the Second World War period, Porsche was involved in the design and manufacture of the Maus Super Heavy tank.
Throughout Porsche’s history, it has had a close working relationship with Volkswagen. They have collaborated on multiple projects since 1940 – which culminated in a merger in 2011. This saw Volswagen assume ownership and control over Porsche, along with such other popular car brands as Audi, Lamborghini, and Bentley.
Porsche is one of the most successful automakers in Europe - as evidenced by its attractive sales, total revenue, and net income statistics. Over the past two decades, for instance, Porsche’s total revenue, vehicle production volumes, annual car sales, and net income have all been on a sustained uptrend.
Between 2002 and 2021, for example, the company’s total revenue and annual vehicle production shot up from €4.8 Billion to €33 Billion and 55,200 vehicles to 301,000+ vehicles – respectively. The automaker’s annual pre-tax profit also shot from €830 Million to more than €5.7 Billion during the same period.
Moving forward, Porsche is expected to continue growing its revenue, profit, and car sale numbers. It is also expected to continue enriching the 90-year-old legacy – all of which have a tremendous effect on Porsche stock price.
Porsche Historical Price Performance
Porsche shares have a relatively short price history seeing that they were only listed with the Frankfurt Stock Exchange on 29th September 2022. They had a listing price of €82.50, and 911 million shares were availed to investors. This gave the car manufacturer and Volkswagen subsidiary a market valuation of €75 Billion – making it the largest IPO in Germany in over 25 years.
The P911 shares embarked on an uptrend immediately after, peaking at €112 (more than 135% above the IPO price) on 22nd November. The price run went against falling car industry stocks but has since corrected. In the last week of December 2022, P911 shares traded between €92 and €95.
Factors Affecting Porsche Share Price
In the few months Porsche shares have been around, they have proved to be mildly volatile and observant of stock market trends. If you wish to invest in the automaker or trade P911 shares in 2023 and beyond, you need to first familiarize yourself with the different factors affecting the P911 stock price.
Here are a few factors that we believe will have a significant influence on Porsche stock price and your buy/sell decisions throughout 2023:
- Company’s financial health: Most share brokers will only invest in financially solid companies. Therefore, Porsche’s financial performance – especially its car sale volumes and net income – will have a direct impact on its stock price.
- Industry trends: One of the primary reasons for the pullback affecting P911 sock is the price is plummeting automobile industry stocks. Moving forward, you may expect Porsche shares to obey these trends- falling when the industry crashes and rallying when it starts gaining.
- Competitor activity: Porsche is a luxury car brand. But, like any other company, you can expect such competitor activity – especially advancements in the electric vehicle niche to shift the luxury car market dynamics, which will affect P911 stock price.
- Volkswagen group’s performance: Porsche is a VW subsidiary. You can, therefore, expect the group’s overall performance to also have a direct impact on Porsche stock price – falling when the group fails and rising when the group performs well.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply.
Step 3: Open A Share Investor Account And Buy Porsche (P911) Stock
The last step in the how to buy Porsche stock guide is the actual purchase of P911 stock. Below, we provide you with a step-by-step guide that teaches you how to buy your first Porsche stock on the highly reputable eToro online trading platform:
Open a stock broker account
On your browser, open the official eToro website or choose to download the eToro mobile trading app from the app store. Click the ‘Join Now’ button and complete the user registration form that pops up. eToro will only ask for your basic personal information and inquire about your trading experience and income source. You will also need to create an account name and password.
Verify your identity
eToro is a regulated broker. You, therefore, will be required to verify your identity before you can start depositing and trading on the platform. Simply submit a copy of your government-issued national ID, passport, or driver’s license and wait for approval notification.
Log in to the just approved trader account and, on the user dashboard, click on the ‘Deposit Funds’ icon. A funding tab will pop up indicating all the payment options available to you – depending on your country of residence. Choose one and follow the prompts to fund your account.
Buy Porsche stock
After the payment reflects in your trade account, click on the ‘Discover’ icon to see the assets supported by eToro. Click on stocks, and from the list of supported shares, choose “Porsche.” Tap on the ‘BUY’ option and use the trading tab that pops up to customize this trade, then click on the open trade button to execute this investment.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply.
Porsche (P911) Stock Strengths And Weaknesses
Before hitting the “Open Trade” button, you need to ask yourself ‘Is the Porsche stock worth buying in 2023?’
To best answer this question, you need to look at all the benefits of investing in Porsche in 2023 and contrast them against the demerits of holding on to a P911 stock during the same period.
To help you with this, we have come up with a few reasons why you may want to invest in Porsche in 2023. We have also come up with a few reasons why Porsche may not be the best buy today. Contrast these to determine if P911 shares are worth investing in.
Reasons to Buy Porsche Stock in 2023
- Promising future: Porsche is a financially liquid automaker, its annual car sale volumes are on the rise, and it is catching up with innovative industry trends – like electric car production. All these ensure Porsche has a promising future, which makes it a good medium to long-term investment.
- History of resilience: Porsche has a history of resilience and has survived multiple economic meltdowns. This history of resilience has most investors convinced that Porsche will rebound and possibly resume the November 2022 price rally after the 2023 recession cools off.
- Strong brand: Porsche has established itself as one of the most popular luxury car brands in the world. This, plus its innovative designs and ability to swiftly adapt to changing industry trends, give it a strong market outlook – which makes it a good buy.
Reasons Not to Buy Porsche Stock
- Looming recession: Porsche – like all automobile stocks – is not a good recession stock. Rising interest/inflation and cost of life often have investors dedicating money to other aspects of life – leading to low car sales and plummeting stock. That 2023 is expected to be a recession then makes today not the best time to buy P911 stock.
- Shift to green energy: The world is adapting fast and the demand for green technology, especially electric vehicles, is on the rise. Porsche has been a little bit sluggish in this shift and only has one electric car model, which creates room for other luxury car makers with multiple EV models to eat into its market share.
Conclusion - How To Buy Porsche (P911) Stock
Porsche is one of the most popular and valuable automakers in the world. It has a strong legacy of developing quality luxury cars and recently enriched this legacy by agreeing to a merger with the even more popular and valuable Volkswagen Company. In its 90-year history, Porsche has recorded consistent growth, as evidenced by its rising annual car sale volumes, total company revenue, production units, and net income.
The automaker has also proved its resilience by surviving multiple global economy meltdowns and posting rather swift rebounds. All these have investors convinced of the brand’s promising future – which explains the fast uptake of P911 shares in the recently concluded but historic IPO.
Moving forward, both technical and fundamental analysts are convinced that Porsche will continue recording consistent growth. There even is growing optimism that Porsche may introduce dividends – like its parent company – Volkswagen. And all these make it a good medium-to-long-term buy, while its mild volatility helps it appeal to short-term active traders.
eToro – Buy Porsche Stock With 0% Commission
Open an account with eToro, deposit some funds with USD, and finally – buy Shares from just $10.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply.
FAQs About How To Buy Porsche Stock
How can I buy Porsche stock today?
Find a highly reputable and reputable online stock brokerage and create a share investor account with them. Fund this account, search for Porsche stock from their list of supported shares and open a buy order.
Does Porsche pay Dividends?
No, Porsche doesn’t pay dividends – probably because the company went public in the last quarter of 2022. Moving forward, there is optimism that investors will vote for proposals for Porsche to pay dividends in the future – just like its parent company, Volkswagen.
Is Porsche stock worth buying?
Yes, technical and fundamental analysis indicates that Porsche will most like continue growing and its stock price rising – which makes it a good long-term investment. The threat of a recession in 2023, however, makes it a bad short-term investment.
Will Porsche stock price rally in 2023?
The market is currently too erratic for anyone to accurately predict the direction that Porsche shares will assume in 2023. Key factors complicating P911 stock price prediction include a looming recession, disrupted supply chains, lingering covid-19, and increased international political tensions.
Where can I buy Porsche stock today?
Porsche is a popular stock and is thus listed with multiple online stock brokerages. If you wish to buy actual Porsche shares commission-free, we recommend using eToro and if you wish to trade P911 share CFDs at the most competitive rates, consider registering an account with Capital.com.